You’re able to browse our site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are no longer anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you are consenting to the transfer and storage of that information. OptiMed Specialty Pharmacy, or a third party contracted by OptiMed Specialty Pharmacy, may collect and store the following personal information on behalf of OptiMed Specialty Pharmacy:
- Email address, physical contact information, and shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
- Clicks and page information such as the address (or "URL") of the website that you came from before visiting our site, which pages you visit on our site, which browser you used to view our site and any search terms you have entered on our site.
- Customer service history, including dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, and correspondence sent to us;
- Other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- Information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
- When you sign up for pharmacy services or order prescription drugs, our registration process asks you to provide us with a limited amount of personal and/or health-related information. This information is necessary to process your order. Categories of personally identifiable information include the following: name, address, phone number, e-mail address, date of birth, billing/shipping information (credit card number, shipping address), and prescription number.
OptiMed Specialty Pharmacy does NOT sell, rent, or otherwise distribute your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
- Personalization and experience improvements: We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising, as well as measure and improve its effectiveness.
- OptiMed Specialty Pharmacy advertising on other websites: We may advertise to you on websites other than optimedspecialtyrx.com using information provided by third-party vendors. In some cases, third parties may allow us to target advertising based on websites you have visited or demographic information. In these cases, your data is not collected by OptiMed Specialty Pharmacy or shared for use in our advertising.
If you don't wish to receive marketing communications from us, simply indicate your preference.
Other Ways We May Use or Disclose Information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience.
- Agents: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. These functions may include delivering packages, hosting sites from this website, optimedspecialtyrx.com, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, or processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Prescriptions: We will not intentionally release your prescription information other than to you, your authorized representative, or your healthcare provider or other authorized medical professional. We may forward your prescription information to your insurance plan, so that we can handle reimbursement of your prescription purchase for your convenience.
Cookies and Beacons
- Remembering your preferences
- Measuring the effectiveness of our sites, services, content, and advertising
A "web beacon" is an electronic image placed in the code of a web page. We may use web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page to another and to improve site performance.
Does OptiMed Pharmacy collect information from children?
It’s our intent not to sell services directly to children under 18 over the Internet. If you are under 18, you may use this website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
How secure is the information I provided?
OptiMed Specialty Pharmacy is committed to securing your personal information. We use technology that is designed for use with secure web servers. Prescription drug information resides in a database behind a firewall where it cannot be accessed without proper authorization. Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") technology encrypts your personal information as well as your prescription health history as it is transmitted over the Internet. You maintain the security of your medical information by keeping your user name, password and other personal information confidential. OptiMed Specialty Pharmacy customer service representatives will never request your password.
Actions You Can Take
OptiMed Specialty Pharmacy recommends that you take the following precautions to safeguard your information:
- Use complex passwords with unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your passwords to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password and notify the company that your previous password has been compromised.
- Keep your computer software up to date with the latest browser and anti-virus security software.
- Be aware of increasingly common email scams that may use your email address to contact you and ask for personal or sensitive information. Always be cautious when opening links or attachments from unsolicited third parties. Also, OptiMed Specialty Pharmacy will NEVER send you emails asking for your credit card number, social security number or other personally identifiable information.
Set your web browser to not accept new cookies or web beacons, or be notified when you receive a new cookie, or disable cookies altogether. However, please note that without enabling these features, your experience on optimedspecialtyrx.com might not be as smooth. Please see the Help section of your browser for instructions on managing security preferences.
How To Contact Us
OptiMed Specialty Pharmacy
Attn: Privacy Officer
6480 Technology Avenue, Suite A
Kalamazoo, MI 49009
Effective and last updated: 1/27/2018